Tuesday, February 21, 2017

MUGA Scan

So Monday rolls around.  This is the last test I needed before starting treatment, so I was anxious to get it done.  This is the test I was supposed to have last Monday, but was laid up elsewhere in the hospital.

My sister drove me today since I wasn't too sure about driving yet.  I was checked in by 1 and waited to go back.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  Normal heart tests for me were running on a treadmill and getting worked up.  For this one, it was a lot easier.  They took some blood from me, put some radioactive stuff in it, plugged it back into my arm and then they had me sit still for 10 minutes while they scanned my heart.

So they did just that.  I think I dozed off (again) during the scan, but I was able to stay still.  After 10 minutes, I was up and on the way home.  I was able to work for a little while in the afternoon, but again it was tough.  Hard to stay focused, hard just to stay awake.  But I got a few things done so it felt good.

I was able to try driving Monday night.  Alex had a troop meeting and he'd missed the last 2 because of my stuff, so I wanted to get him there.  It wasn't easy, but I got him there in one piece.  It was about a mile and a half away, so not far.  But it was tough handling the way my leg had to bend to get to the pedals.  I'm really ready to get this swelling out of here and move on.  Test results today (Tuesday), so I'll check back in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment