Saturday, February 18, 2017

Catching Up/Friday Morning

Ok, so I'm a week behind now.  Going to go through each event in a different post.  Lots has happened (not all of it good), but I wanted to get it written down so there.

Friday morning rolled around and I was anxious to get started.  We had to be at the hospital early, so Katie grabbed me & Robb and we were out the door.  Since I didn't want to get up on time, we were late, so Katie had to take me down to the hospital first, then run basically back home to drop Robb at daycare, and then run all the way back to the hospital.

The bone marrow biopsy was explained to me like this:  drill into the back of your pelvis, scratch around, drill in again, and scrape out some ketchup.  Boom, done.  For this one, I laid on my belly in a ct scanner (I think).  They gave me some gas that made me feel floaty and took care of business.  Overall, I think it went pretty quickly and uneventfully.  I went to recovery and I think I was home by 11.  I wasn't even in too much pain when I got home.  My leg was hurting and I was hobbling around a bit more than I had before, but it was manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment