Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Follow Up & Results

So I had a follow up appointment today with the surgeon that did my surgery last week.  My incision looks fine, he said to wait until the weekend to peel off the super glue.  He then checked for my results and the shit hit the fan.

The doctor used a lot of words I didn't understand, all technical terms.  The 2 I did understand were Lymphoma and positive, so that's where my day went south.  He didn't touch on how bad, treatments or anything like that, just gave me the positive diagnosis.  Although he may have said more.  It was mostly I didn't understand or stopped listening.  Thankfully Katie was there with me otherwise I would have probably been useless.  She got me scheduled to see an Oncologist and I tried not to lose it in the waiting room.  Thankfully, we were able to get in tomorrow, so we won't have to wait very long at all.

I headed home and tried to call my dad, but couldn't get a hold of him.  I didn't know what else to do, so I went back to work.  I talked to a few guys there and let them know; two of my managers and another guy that is fighting cancer as well.  All three took it hard, but were very supportive.

So now we wait.  I'm going to call my family tonight and fill them in.  Not sure when to tell our close friends or people I work with.  Or how for that matter.  I know I won't be able to handle talking to too many individually.  I think we'll wait until after tomorrow's appointment when we hopefully have a gameplan for treatments.  It will be easier to explain after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment